Sunday, May 09, 2021

and some in time...

and sometimes it's nice to let go 
......start again, know its been months 
you've lasted longer than most in 
me....longer than my poet, may be 
longer than my green eyed monster 
who held my hand on the bus and 
asked for just once more as we stared 
ahead and left each other in the same 
place we had met. he's in florida some
where. his son a man now, his wife 
his ex....had i stayed the end would 
have remained the same. he was too 
tall, his nose to small, his hands too 
big: very disproportionate: like our time 

i tend to think - had he even tried i may have stayed 

then i think of you, hazel eyes & all 
it's all for not - the calls, the gifts, the space 
we maintain. i left it - in hopes you may 
one day find me - my poet always knows 
where i am - i cannot escape him. but perhaps 
perhaps 

i can you