Wednesday, September 04, 2024

reaction vs. response

the quiet moments - a revelation
not the moments in my mind not 
the moments deep in thoughts of 
you, kids, or life, or work or any 

of the noise we live with in time 

i never felt more alone as when i 
was married. i did not know how 
to be. i did not know who i wanted 
to be. who i was was without the waiting 
of tables, the selling of phones, 

it was at the pinnacle of the dream 

that i decided to exit. i tried to be 
kind instead it was wet cement 
children, and love dragged thru 
if i could have i would have but 

that is not the way time works. it echoes 

and heard very faintly as my fist 
hit the table and i looked up and i heard 
myself i will not be this - i will 
not be this again - now i live mostly 

in my head. mostly in awe of my responses 

i could react if wanted, respond when needed

just live